Motorola APX™ Dual P25 Mobile Radio
Seamless Multi-Band Interoperability For Public Safety First Responders
Whether you are responding to a fire call or rushing to a robbery or break in, you need continuous communication and the ability to monitor voice activity at all times. With the APX Dual Radio public safety first responders will be able to achieve complete interoperability all from the ease of a single control head.
Multi-Band Interoperability At Your Fingertips
With the APX Dual Radio, first responders are able to monitor and communicate with other agencies on up to four different frequency bands (7/800, VHF, UHFR1 and UHFR2) and systems utilizing one remote mounted APX O7 Control Head.
Simultaneous Multiple Channel Monitoring
By allowing simultaneous monitoring of two channels at a time, the APX Dual Radio ensures that users never miss a transmission and voice priority is never compromised. It is the ideal solution for first responders who need to monitor and respond to all activity 24/7. For example, first responders can continuously monitor a priority talk group that is on the same system as their working talk group. They can also monitor a conventional mutual aid channel while simultaneously monitoring their trunking dispatch talk group.
Priority Channel Scan Is Always Available
APX Dual radio provides public safety users the ability to scan across trunking and conventional channels without losing priority using two separate scan lists.
Motorola APX Dual Features and Benefits
Dual Radio Communication
Provides users with the ability to communicate on up to 4 different frequency bands (7/800, VHF, UHFR1, and UHFR2) via O7 control head
Control Head Support
APX Dual Radio is only available with the O7 control head.
Ability to Mix and Match Hardware
APX Dual Radio allows combination support of the APX 7500 and APX 6500 receivers to be used.
RF ID Asset Tracking
12 character RF ID asset tracking provides a convenient method of obtaining valuable asset tracking information without having to uninstall the radio.
P25 Phase 2-TDMA
Twice the voice capacity, allowing additional users on the system without the need for additional frequencies or infrastructure.
Enables accountability and location tracking of an individual or vehicle, which can be sent to a map-based location application.
FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified hardware encryption provides tamperproof security to ensure the highest level of secure communications.
Uses color to notify you of the radio mode, potential emergencies or specific events. Color alerts provide information at a glance.
Radios can be configured with multiple user-selected or automated operating behaviors such as audio level, lighting and tones.
Efficiently send and receive freeform or canned text messages to and from subscribers or dispatch operators.
Unified Call List
Consolidates all call lists underneath one unified list.
Audible, pre-recorded voice file provides a description of the selected channel or zone.
Future ready to support option cards or data applications.
Expandable memory for storage of future data applications information.
Programming over Project 25 (POP25)
Motorola's POP25 solution allows subscriber radios to be programmed over the air via the ASTRO 25 systems while remaining in the field.
Meets IP55 water-intrusion ratings for driving rain, giving you the confidence that your mobile will continue performing even if exposed to water.
- Provides seamless interoperability with agency personnel on up to four different frequency bands from one control head
- Ability to simultaneously monitor more than one channel at the same time
- Ability to scan across trunking and conventional systems without losing priority channels
- Ability to mix and match different radio models across tiers (APX 7500, 6500 and 6500Li) and power levels (high and mid)
- Radios can be on different or same frequency bands and have different options and features
- Optional stack mount trunnion for mid power models makes installation easier
- Makes it easier for users to distinguish between the audio from the two different radios by routing it to two separate speakers (optional audio combiner allows for mixed audio)
- Gives customers the flexibility to program the radios as either Primary or Secondary to use in a dual radio configuration, or as standalone radios to use in standard installations.
APX 7500, 6500 or 6500Li mobile radio
Provides two pieces of standard equipment. Either Dual Radio 1.5 ft. Cable or Dual Radio Short Right Angle Cable. The Speaker Extension Cable will always come standard.
- Dual Radio 1.5 ft. Cable – Short CAN cable that connects
Primary and Secondary radio for side by side set ups. Ships
standard always except when stack mount trunnion is ordered.
Dual Radio Short Right Angle Cable – Short CAN cable with right angle to connect Primary and Secondary radios for stack mount setups. Ships standard when stack mount trunnion is ordered.
- Speaker Extension Cable – 30 ft. extension cable to allow customers to connect one speaker directly to the Secondary radio and run it all the way to the vehicle cabin.
- Stack Mount Trunnion: Allows customers to stack mount two mid power radios.
- Audio Combiner: Allows for the audio streams from the Primary and Secondary radio to be combined into one headset or speaker.
Motorola APX 7500 And APX 6500 Specification Information
Motorola APX Dual Downloads and Resources
- Portable Radios
- Mobile Radios
- Dispatch Consoles
- Body Cameras
- License Plate Recognition
- Vehicular Repeater System
- Vehicle Radio Extender
- WAVE (PTT)
- Public Safety Home